Thursday, April 05, 2007

Paris: Crepes, French Kissing, and Rain

Paris was amazing. Sorry I'm so late on the update, but I've been moving pretty fast since Spring Break hit. Went with Judith and Kersten to Paris Saturday-Monday and it was a blast.

Except for the fact that it poured rain all day Saturday. And that a waiter wanted to be in a picture with me and instead tried to lick my face. And that an alarm went off on the Eiffel Tower for about 8 minutes while most people were silently freaking out.

Other than those things the trip was a success. Ate a different kind of crepe everyday. Saturday was spent in misery walking around the city but still in awe of the city. Saw a lot of modern art and stood in a lot of lines. Also went to a piano bar late at night, which is were the incident with the waiter occured. I rather not talk about it.

Sunday was perfect weather and we waited in line for the Eiffel Tower for 2.5 hours. Well worth the wait though. Spent a lot of time walking around the city and taking pictures. Everything was closed (of course) and it was Palm Sunday on top of that, so shopping was a definite no. We passed the time pretty well and had a really nice dinner at a small restaurant. Wonderful.

Monday was check-out day and we spent a couple of hours at a huge market near where we stayed. I've never seen so many fake Converse or Adias products in my life.

Oh! The hotel! So we stayed in a Formula 1 hotel/motel and it was...interesting. Tiny tiny room with a double bed and a bunk bed over that. A barely-there sink and a small corner table. The community bathrooms were the most interesting part-- there was a process to go through if you didn't want to be stuck in stall and have the lights turn off. Also, the knob for water in the shower had to be pressed every 20 seconds (I counted). It was like one of those faucets where you have to push down to wash your hands and then it lets up and turns off after a while. Except this was with a shower. Amazing.

What really struck me was the fact that families were actually living in this motel, some with dogs too. The first time I walked into the hallway I had to side-step a small pile of dog poo. I knew right then that this place was going to be an adventure. I was right.

Currently in Verona at Erin's place. It's about 250 times nicer than mine and I pretty much never want to leave, but I am on Sunday. Last night was a big group dinner (there are about 37 people here from UGA on study abroad) and then we went out. Erin became Ms. Angry-Drunk and pushed me into some bushes, which we laughed hysterically about this morning. All in all last night I had a fantastic time and I knew this was a perfect way to spend part of my break. Tomorrow we leave for Cinque Terre and then back here Sunday afternoon so I can catch my flight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics