Friday, March 30, 2007

Spring Break

Minus a few hiccups my stint at teaching completely solo was a success. I know I'll never feel 100% comfortable in a classroom that isn't mine, so it's safe to say that I can't wait until I finally get a job and start getting my life together. And of course since it's the break I'll be spending most of the time busting my ass to finish some much needed work for seminar. All the notes I've taken need to be reread and typed out and put into my e-portfolio. I also need to complete two four-week cycles of my Inquiry Project, which I am woefully behind on.

But first: traveling!

I'm leaving for Paris tomorrow morning at 6:30 and staying until Monday. Judith is driving and I can't tell if I'm more excited about seeing the city or just getting out and driving through the countryside. Grass, trees, rolling hills, wide open landscape. Finally. After my last trip to France (a five hour fiasco in Cannes in the middle of a Saturday night) I'm hoping this one will override any and all horrible memories I've had against the country.

Back Monday, then leave Wednesday for Italy! My need to go back there is so great that at times I feel like I'll crawl out of my own skin. To say I'm excited would be an understatement.

Mom and Dad are going to meet Mrs. W in Athens on Sunday, which I'm really happy about. How surreal. Mrs. W went to Bombay Cafe this past week and said she really liked it. I felt like a proud mother.

In other news, by the time I get back from Italy there will be a group of Americans staying here for about a month. They're from the University of South Carolina and I'm so pumped to meet them I could spit. Granted I'll be leaving for home in a little over a week by then, but I'll have a lot of free time and I'm so desperate to hear a Southern accent I'm embarassed. Here's hoping they'll want my company, or at least my advice for living here.

1 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I went to Bombaby Cafe for lunch today with my Athens Mag editors. It was good but I think I like Taste of India better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics