Friday, January 12, 2007

This Week in Life

Nearly finished packing and still have plently of room in Jerry. I just need to figure out what books to bring and I think I'll be set.

Going to Athens tomorrow. These past couple of weeks have been incredibly long, but a definitel good thing has come out of it: I've hung out with my parents more than ever before I know we're better for it. I've always had a good relationship with my parents, but I hardly came home to visit while at college. It's like they knew me in high school and at the beginning of college, but then there's this huge gap until now. They don't know how much I've grown up, especially since I've spent the past two summers away from home. That's nearly two years gone by with my parents seeing me only for holidays and the occasional weekend.

But I'm thankful I've gotten to get to know my parents a little better. It seems as if my entire family is at transitional stages in life: Mom is bordering on retirement (she will make a choice soon enough, I think), my sister and Eric should be make a choice about if and where they want to "settle down" (aka whether they are going to move away from Orlando), and I'm about to start student teaching and graduate in May. Dad is still Dad, but I think he's growing restless of life at the moment. There's a lot to be done to the house before my parents can move out, but it's going to happen sooner or later.

Going Away Party tomorrow
Bombay Cafe Saturday
Home for weekend
Flight on Monday

Countdown for Europe: 4 Days

1 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Levi said...

Karen!
Good luck on your flight monday. There is a certain catharsis of emotion when your in your seat on a flight to a foreign world where you know your gonna be for roughly three months. It's like...ok, I'm here...I'm on my way...it has finally started after the months and weeks of anticipation. But then, there are the feeling of anxiety for not knowing what to expect next. Do not worry, everything will work out fine. This will be the experience of your lifetime. I have only been here a week, which actually seems a little more like a month. My school is awesome, but I have been given a crazy mixture of not enough to do and too much responsibility. Weird, but we'll save that talk for another time. I guess what I'm trying to say is just breathe and everything will be o.k.. I am sitting here drinking a Mexican beer waiting for my roommate to get back. Her friends are coming over tonight to party...and we're gonna play dominoes. Very Latin American huh?

Your favorite Mexican friend,
Levi Karas (Lopez or Rodriguez?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics