Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Because It's Christmas

Because it's Christmas I go along with old traditions that I say I won't be doing with my own family some day, but realize that I'll keep nearly all of them anyway, out of habit.

Because it's Christmas I won't dwell on the fact that I'm no longer surprised by my gifts or the knowledge that the only ones I like were ones I had to ask for.

Because it's Christmas I'll try not to be sad when I think about how little my family knows me and realize it's my fault for that, not theirs.

Because it's Christmas I won't say how much I dislike the presents my sister and brother-in-law got me.

Because it's Christmas I'll try not to dwell on how much my family has become obsessed with Disney and how it's subsequently ruining things for me.

Because it's Christmas I'll call people I haven't talked to in a while and will feel much better for having done so.

Because it's Christmas I will go out of my way to make things easier for my Mom.

Because it's Christmas I am going to make sure that everyone is having a good time, even though I may be not.

Because it's Christmas I think about all my future Christmases and think about how different they will be.

Because it's Christmas I'm going to focus only on the good and ignore all the bad.

Because it's Christmas I'll smile for the camera and try to spend as much time as possible with my family, because I know I'll be gone for longer than they would like.

It's Christmas and I have no idea where I will be in a year, but I hope that wherever I am my family is with me, celebrating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics