Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Military Commission Act (aka Goodbye Habeas Corpus)

The Military Commission Act was upheld. Holy shit.

I honestly didn't think it would. I mean, it's such a violation of the Bill of Rights that there was no way it would be okayed by Federal Courts.

But I was wrong. So very very wrong.

We're all going to hell for this. Our country is going to the shitter and no one seems to care about it.

Doesn't anyone understand what this means?! No more Habeus Corpus. No more rights to a fair or speedy trial for ANYONE, including U.S. CITIZENS.

I'm screaming inside, seriously.

For those of you who don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, go to these following sites:

The Military Commission Act itself

MSNBC's Olbermann: Beginning of the end of America

Amnesty International's Thoughts

Wikipedia.org on the Act (for all those lazy to look at legit sources)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics