Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Finding a Job, Every Senior's Worst Nightmare

At least, it's a nightmare if you're a liberal arts major.

At the moment my shining glory is coming in the form of a school in Belgium with a program that specifically helps novice teachers in their first year. I'm applying to two of the schools (within the school itself) and I sent in my first application today.

All in all it's an interesting experience, applying for jobs. Now that I'm looking for full time jobs upon graduation there's this air of...well, not desperation, but anxiousness surrounding the process. The more I learn about the school the more I love it, but of course I don't have the expierence international schools are looking for. This one is unique in that they hire first year teachers. If they didn't state that I most likely wouldn't try to apply.

But alas, I'm getting my hopes up. There are no vacancies open at the school, but I'm hoping I'll stand out enough to be put in a safe place for future consideration.



In other news, finals week has proven to be quite boring. I wrote one of my papers and have a final Thursday morning, and then this weekend I'm moving out of the house for good. I'm not looking forward to that last bit, since this place has been my home for two years.

God, I'm going to miss this place. Moving out is going to be hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics