Sunday, January 14, 2007

Countdown: 2 Days

Nneka thinks it's hysterical that I leave on my flight four hours before her and land in Manchester three hours after her. And to top it off my connection is in Frankfurt, but I've learned long ago that if the price is right I won't question how an airline gets me to my final destination. But seriously...I go right past Manchester to get to my connection in Frankfurt, only to wait an hour or so and then backtrack.

I hate backtracking, even when it's 30,000 ft in the air.

The Going Away Party was fantastic, as I knew it would be. I saw a lot of people I hadn't in ages, along with others I've been waiting to trade stories with (such as my fellow student teachers, who are settling in really well to their respective schools).

Got home around 9pm and have been lying in my parents bed chatting with my Mom about everything from popcorn ceilings to how Matthew Perry would make a good husband (we had started watching Fools Rush In).

Haven't been sleeping very well and my stress is taking on not-so-stellar manifestations in my sleep. Everything from running away from shadowy predators in the rain to being attacked by a half snake/half cat-like creature. I kid you not.

Eh, that's why God created NyQuil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics