Monday, November 20, 2006

Thanksgiving Comes Early

My plans this weekend went completely out the window as soon as my Mom called Saturday afternoon. "We're having Thanksgiving this Sunday," she says a voice that shouts "Please choose your family over your friends. Don't leave us hanging. You're leaving soon..."

At least, that's what it sounded like to me. And who the hell am I to say no? While I don't necessarily like the idea behind Thanksgiving I always appreciate an excuse to have big dinners with my family and eat until we can't breathe. So I jump at the chance and automatically say "Can I make the Turkey?!"

I love my family dearly and it was an anomalous situation we were given this weekend. Cheryl and Eric were in Macon for a wedding and Mom wanted to do a big meal for everyone, so why not have Thanksgiving early? We're going to Orlando for the holiday break itself, so let's have the meal in our cosy home while we can.

And damn, what a good meal it was. At the pressing of Lauren and Erin I did Alton Brown's Roasted Turkey. I highly suggest that all people who love Turkey to do this recipe. It's easy and so very very good. The turkey was cooked perfectly and was juicy (which is the top complaint I hear when it comes to Mr. Gobbles).

After Thanksgiving we went to the movies (a tradition) and saw Happy Feet and Santa Clause 3. I absolutely adored Happy Feet (to the point that I wouldn't stop talking about how I'm going to wait in line to buy it) but the rest fam wanted their time and money back. Well, not so much the money since we all cheated the system and saw the second movie for free, but the time definitely. I can't believe I'm the only one who liked it. The adorableness factor alone bumps it up to a B+.




Oh, I also took the first of many certification tests of my teaching career on Saturday morning, but I don't (nor apparently am I allowed) to talk about it. Nice, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics