Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Engagements, Television, and Brushing Teeth

Three things that are on my mind right now.

Engagements because far too many people I know are commiting themselves for life to another person and I'm no where near that stage.

Television because I'm realizing how much I like Monday nights on NBC with Heros and Studio 60. Sara and I just watched last night's episode online so I could get her caught up. Aaron Sorkin is brilliant (something I've been saying for years).

And brushing teeth because that's what I'm about to do. Do you squeeze your toothpaste from the top or the bottom? I usually go for top/middle, but then the tube looks all ugly and squigy.


Germany soon, which I'm still terrified about but more excited everyday. I have no idea how to pack for all of this, but I'm only taking my large suitcase and Jerry (my extended-day pack, for those who don't remember).

Talked to Mom and Cheryl is still more-than-a-bit sad about not seeing me for Christmas. So much so that my parents are willing to fly me to Atlanta before New Years so I can spend it here in Athens. I think that's too extreme and don't want to cost my parents that amount of money. The other option is for my parents to pay for the rental car that Cheryl and Eric would bring up for Orlando, but they only have a limited number of vacation days left.

She's sad she's not going to see me until May, but every year before this she's never seen me until then. How does my change in location alter her perception of missing me more? We don't see each other for months at a time and all of the sudden she's sad to see me go.

Mom says it's because I'm graduating soon and then "who knows when we'll see you." I'm want to agree, mainly because I have no idea where my life is taking me after August 13, 2007.

Besides, it's not like I won't miss her too. I'll miss everyone very dearly, but you do what you have to do in life. Try not to look back too often or you'll never enjoy what you have in the present and make sure you keep those you're close to as close as possible even when you're separated by hundreds of miles. You make it work because it has to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics