Saturday, November 11, 2006

A Review For You

Most listened to song (thus far): "Animals Were Gone"
Least listened to song (thus far): "Me, My Yoke, and I"

This album definitely isn't just a second version of O, something I'm both sad and happy about. He's still got the crooning and quivery voice, he still has the delicate chords and the rising and falling symphonic sounds, but dammit does he rock out on some of the songs.

It's the rocking out part I don't know how to feel about. They definitely come in the middle stretch of the album and it's taken me at least three run-throughs to even get used to them. I know I will, it's just a sound I'm only used to hearing occasionally on his B-Sides, not O. It's a great album, no doubt about that. Fans of O will not be disappointed in the slightest, just happily surprised that Damien is able to take his voice and his music to new heights. It bothers me how mainstream "Dogs" and "Coconut Skins" can sound at times, but that's something I have to deal with, not the other way around.


I missed his voice so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics