Friday, November 10, 2006

Seven More Minutes

Another Friday night in. At the moment I'm watching The Air Up There (oh, Kevin Bacon), reading Devil on the Cross (by Ngugi wa Thiong'o and one of the best satires I've ever read), and mere minutes away from listening to Damien Rice's new album "9."

I'm a latecomer to Damien fans, but I feel that my love for his music is as true as anyone else's. It was really my trip to Italy that solidified in my mind that I would be listening to this Irishman for the rest of my life. And how fortunate that his new album comes out right before my trip to Germany.

That alone makes me so happy and relieved I could cry.

I've been so scared and so worried about Germany for the past week or so. I'm constantly thinking about it and how utterly alone I'm going to be. I'll have the people at the school and my advisors there, but I won't have my friends around me. I'll make friends, sure, but for that time period where I'm wandering around not knowing where to go I will be lost. BUT I'll have Damien. I'll listen to Damien and my heart will slow down, I'll take a deep breath, and I'll remember that even though I'm one person in a world full of many I'm going to make my mark.

Damien makes my soul feel full and alive and he's gotten me through many a tough situation. He's going to be my anchor while I'm away from home and for that I am extremely grateful. I don't think my trip to Italy would have been the same without him and I know I'm going to need the calm that he instills in me while I'm in Cologne.

Off to listen. Will review later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics