Saturday, November 04, 2006

Making Nan

Lauren and I gave a stab at Indian cuisine with not-so-dire outcomes. The nan (bread) turned out pretty good, though not as fantastic as Bombay Cafe. Everything else was good, save for the fact the taste resembled that of pine trees. Next time will be better, I know it.

In other news I'm addicted to the BBC World News Radio, in particular the "Have Your Say" program. So many people from all over the world call in to the program to give their thoughts and opinions and I find it absolutely amazing that I can listen to people from Niger or India have the same ideas about the world that I do. God I love technology.

Voting is on Tuesday and I hope everyone is doing their part as active citizens of the U.S. I going home that day and staying the night, though Mom and Dad will be returning from North Carolina late.



My Mom just called while I was writing this. She wants me to get my picture for the yearbook, but I have no idea if that time has come and gone. In even worse news I lied to her about going to church on All Saint's Day, which I'm pretty sure doubles my sins. I tell her that I go because I know it makes her feel better, though she doesn't believe me and we all know we're fooling each other. It's not that I don't like church, it's just that I feel that I can find a connection with God in better ways then sitting in pews and listening to scripture. Like laughing with friends and making Indian food, reading the news, watching the leaves change colors and fall. God is everywhere, not just in a building for one hour a week.

Another post that ends the way I didn't expect it to. Lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics