Thursday, May 18, 2006

Donte's Inferno (The First Week of Maymester)

Donte, a short black man that could crush a baby's skull with one hand, has completely hindered my ability to walk. I appreciate his offer to be my personal trainer at the gym, but I think I would end up hating him, and not in the good "I hate him for pushing me to my full potential" but the "I hate him for making me feel excruciating pain for hours on end."

Regardless, Donte (yes, that's how you spell his name) is not on my A-list at the moment. The bastard. I can't sit down to pee without bracing myself and slowly (slowly) lowering down to the seat. Anyone that makes me do things which result in that very act should be deported to North Dakota. Forever.

Class is going great-- I'm finally used to waking up at 8am again and spending the next 2.45 hours learning about Racism and Ethnicity in America. It's an extremely interesting topic and we've been talking a lot about immigration. There are a couple of kids in the class that I dislike, but that's to be expected. One actually asked "Why do people always saying 'Blah Blah Blah happened to me because I'm black'"?

SIGH. Though the question could have been posed in a more...tactful way, it still sparked a very interesting (and slightly argumentative/heated) discussion, which I absolutely love. Haven't spoken up yet on a couple of things, mainly because I'm still getting a feel for the class and the teacher. I need to know what I'm dealing with before I start giving my opinions on issues like this. There's a good bit of conversative kids and today the prof asked us where we wanted to move after graduation (when talking about migration). About half said they wanted to stay in Georgia, and a good bit said they wanted to stay in the South.

Kill me. On top of that I'm the only person out of 30 who said they wanted to live out of the country.

Thought question:
If you could be reborn, which would you choose to come back as? and Why?
White Man
Black Woman
White Woman
Black Man

I chose a white woman, because there is honestly nothing I would change about my life. Not even my 'ginger' hair.

2 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Wait are you here? I'm so confused! I thought you were gone forever already! I don't understand.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Yep, I'm still here. I'm taking a Maymester class, and then I'm leaving mid-June. Explo doesn't start until June 26th.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics