Thursday, May 11, 2006

Ohio Bound

Tomorrow I am going to Cincinnati for my cousin's (college) graduation and I can't wait. There's to be a fairly large get together/party and I know for a fact that drama will be had.

I love my family to death and would die for any of them, but I love watching the drama unfold.

My mom is part of a family of 6, with Grandma White at the head of the family. In order: John, Linda, Mom, Steve, Janis, and Marla. Steve and Linda live in Cincinnati, where Grandma also lives. Steve "takes care" of Grandma-- something I'm not really going to get into. I'll only say this: no one likes Steve, especially my Uncle Tom (Linda's husband).

To give you an idea of the tension between these two men: at my sister's wedding this last August they refused to sit at the same table, and basically argued (heatedly, I might add) over where Grandma was going to sit.

That poor woman. She's lived such an amazing life but I feel that no one appreciates her anymore. She's loved immensly, to be sure, but she's always put off to the sidelines during get togethers. "Mom, let me do that." or "You didn't have to cook all this!" or "You go sit down and we'll take care of it."

I'm to blame for this behavior also. Grandma is the major factor in my attendance for this reunion, mainly because Mom keeps saying she's 'not going to be with us much longer.' I despise this attitude and will make it a point to put my parents in their place if they mention it to me again. I'm also making it a point to hang out with Grandma while I'm there. That woman can play cards like no other. She has so many decks I wouldn't know what to do with them all.

Anyway, I'm only going to be up there for about 36 hours. In order to get back for Maymester classes I'm being flown back Sunday night. That's how bad my parents wanted me to go to this. It'll be great seeing everyone though-- it's been far too long.

But I can't wait for the drama. So much so I'm bringing the video camera. Huzzah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics