Monday, May 08, 2006

Pride and Prejudice Day

I love the English. I especially like the BBC and any documentary they decide to make, particularly the one on the fine art of whistling (about the 31st international whistling championship). I think it's because I am a horrible whistler.

Anyway, this is fantastic. Today has been dubbed Pride and Prejudice Day. Sara and I watched the newest film (which I adore) and afterwards we decided to watch the BBC miniseries (with Colin Firth). We are currently 1/4 into the second disc.

And let me just say I haven't laughed this hard in a while. After watching the latest film with Judy Dench and Keira Knightly my image of the characters is slightly skewed (aka they are all beautiful). Regardless, the miniseries is quite good, but I'm finding myself laughing at the worst times. Elizabeth's constant blank stare, how Jane looks like a man with a wig, how Mary "needs a tan and wash her hair" (thank you, Erin), and how the women in the film somehow decided that orange was a good color to wear when together ("It looks puke exploded everywhere" says Sara). And don't get me started on the scene where Mr. Darcy's head is floating in the carriage window saying "I love you." Ha!

But Colin Firth makes the film very agreeable (can you tell I've been watching Jane Austen all day?). I despise Mrs. Bennet even more and constantly want to slap the younger sisters.

I must read this book as soon as possible. I'm addicted.

1 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot the undereye brightener for Mary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics