Thursday, August 31, 2006

Umm...Could I Cut it Any Closer?

The only way Mom and Dad are letting me go to Germany is the knowledge that I will be back in time for graduation. I completely understand why the actual ceremony is important to them, but in light of what I could be doing instead of sitting in the sun for hours on end I'd rather skip it.

Honestly, it's not that big of a deal. I don't even walk across the stage-- just stand up and move my tassel and that's that. It's really not worth it.

And what's worse is that it turns out I'll be getting back just in time for it. The day before, to be exact.

Since I have to do 12 weeks of student teaching I have to take into account holidays and the like. Because of this I'll be working in Koln up until May 10.

May 10th.

Graduation is May 12th.

Holy shit.


Why the hell is the ceremony so important to them? Why do I have to come back on such a tight schedule? What if the plane gets delayed or something else happens? What if, what if, what if?

What if going to graduation makes me resent my family for making me leave one of the best experiences of my life?

Look at this, I haven't even gone yet and I know it's going to change my life for the better.

1 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say screw your parents and stay in Germany. When they kick you out you can live with me at my parents house (because that is where I will be). My dad will cook parsnips for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics