Monday, August 28, 2006

Monday Mishaps, The Letter That Changed Everything, and Music For The Soul

THE MISHAPS
1. Spilt Cheerwine on myself at Hot Corner and I had to deal with a sticky foot and shoe for three hours.
2. Got on the wrong bus after the Cheerwine incident and went around the campus's ass to get where I wanted to be. You'd think I'd know the routes by now, but no.
3. Forgot to write a reaction paper for said class.
4. Dropped numerous objects multiple times (i.e., cell phone, books, pens).


THE LETTER THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING
Got the official letter of confirmation from Germany. For 12 weeks I will be in Cologne, Germany doing my student teaching at the Koenigin Luise School. I've been translating page after page on the site and looking at all the pictures. It looks amazing. It will be amazing.

I found out about Germany this summer but having the letter in my hand is a completely different matter. It's got all the "things-you-need-to-do-immidiately" information, along with a two page fact sheet on Germany, which they just printed off from some website to tell me about the weather, public transportation, and personal apperance (to name a few):

GREETINGS: A handshake is the most common form of greeting. A man waits for a woman to extend her hand before shaking it; in mixed company he shakes a woman's hand before a man's.


Normally I would laugh at something like this, but I'm so enthralled with such trivial information at the moment that I just nod my head with an awed expression that says "Of course! Why didn't I think of that?"

Germany. Three months. Teaching.

Wow.


MUSIC FOR THE SOUL
Andrew Bird's The Mysterious Prodution of Eggs album in it's entirety. Brought to you by Righteous Babe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics