Monday, August 14, 2006

Homeward Bound

First things first: I heart Quantum Leap.

I've been watching episodes since this morning and I forgot how much this show rocked. God bless SciFi.

The journey back to the South was smooth and relatively uneventful, if you don't take into account the buckets I cried over the course of the cab ride and flight. Leaving everyone was a lot harder than I thought and it wasn't until the cab pulled up that I started to go crazy. It had arrived sooner than I had planned and I hadn't said my goodbyes yet. I hugged everyone within distance and by the end I couldn't even talk. I think it's when I hugged Warren and Phil that the water works really started.

If John and Felipe hadn't been making the trip to NYC with me I would have fallen apart. Just crying and crying all the way to the station. I never cry, but leaving these amazing people reduced me to nothing. I'm trying to think of why I didn't get this worked up when I came back from Italy, and I've realized it's due to the fact that everyone from the trip lives in Georgia. No one lives in Georgia except for Anna. Which is a blessing, but I'm desperately going to miss people. Because of that I see many trips in my future.

Either way, the flight home was fine and the woman sitting next to me knows everything about my summer and the people that were part of my life for the past seven weeks. I had to talk it out and a 2.5 hour plane ride happened to be the place to do it. I love that woman.

So, since I've been home I've:
-Run into Sara at the baggage claim in the ATL airport (What are the odds? Fate is amazing)
-Gone to Outback with my Dad (Real food! Finally!)
-Eaten a year old piece of wedding cake (Apparently it's a tradition to save the top of the cake? I think the four inches of icing perserved it nicely while in the freezer).
-Surprised Rachel at her house and talked about our summers abroad for hours (her's to Italy, mine to New England).
-Eaten three bowls of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.


Trip info for tomorrow (because I'll get a kick out of it):

Departure time for Athens: 10am
Estimated arrival time: Noon
Itinerary:
Arrive in Athens at Noon, unpack and relish in the feel of a double bed with down comforter. Catch up with roommates (new and old).

Estimated time for lunch: 1:30 at Five Star Day.

After lunch the students can do whatever they please for the rest, as long as it within the boundries of Athens. Students should continue to abide by the rules even though they are on a trip. This includes, but is not limited to, smoking, drinking, wearing his or her lanyard, and unncessary PDAs.


Pfft. Yeah, right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics