Thursday, August 17, 2006

Italy (revisited)

Cleaning the room and found the journal I kept while in Italy. I wrote in it everyday, multiple times a day. I wasn't about to go to a new and amazing country without documenting everything and anything.

Looking back on this is amazing. So much happened the first day that it should have been a sign of things to come, but I just went with the flow of everything. Not knowing what to do with the plates in the Frankfurt airport, being the only one awake on the bus ride to town, moving apartments three times, getting yelled at by an old Italian woman--- so many memories flooding back.

It's an entry on the second day that makes me smile though. It's extremely short but one of the most important in the entire book:


5.22.05
6:28pm
The Orphanage

I found my spot-- the spot I'm going to visit everyday for hours on end. It's absolutely indescribable. Breathtaking. Calm. Magnificant. On and On.

I wish I could fly. This makes me think I could fly.

No one can make me feel the way I do right now.

Nothing, not ever.




I want to go back. So bad. (And yes, it's still true).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics