Thursday, June 08, 2006

A Day at the Lake

Words can not express how much fun yesterday was, and how much I needed it. You never realize how much you needed something until you're actually doing it. Suddenly you feel lighter, happier, and can breathe deeply and sigh at the wonderful splendor that is the lake.

Yes, the day at the lake was absolutely perfect. Lauren's parents (whom I adore) taught me how to ski, which was awesome. It took me a good while to get up, but when I did it was a breeze. And this is coming from the girl that has a terrible sense of balance. The bruises and cuts were totally worth it. My determination knows no bounds.

I can't wait to go back. Huzzah for the lake!

In other news:
Mom and Dad asked me if Granma can move into the house with me. Jokingly, of course, but the very thought of such a thing leaves me aghast. Mom's "incentive" is that 1) Granma will get me to church every Sunday ("and Monday, and Tuesday, and Wednesday...", I counter) and 2) we'll eat some of the best food around ("You mean lots of quiche and cinnamon bread?"). I love my parents, but they need to stop scaring me like that. I could hear my Father laughing maniacally in the background the entire time.

Maymester is over, which means I really need to get my ass moving when it comes to Connecticut Camp. I'm doing some heavy duty reading today and the rest of the week, including many trips to the copy machine. I'm also trying to figure out what I'll be taking to New England and what I need to leave here. 7 weeks isn't that long...hmm, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics