Monday, June 05, 2006

Jerry, the New Man in My Life

So I bought a backpack for the trip to New England and my (hopefully) subsequent trip to Europe next summer with Anja. That trip will include visiting Tarik and enjoying the great countries of England, Germany, and (cross my fingers and hope to die of happiness) Italy. If i can get to Italy again I think I could die happy, and this pack will make the trip that much easier.

It's a REI Venus, 4500 cubic inches, blue, and named Jerry. I'm going to pack him up tonight and see how it (and I) fair with some real weight instead of the pillows they have at the store. Anja ordered the same one yesterday and should be arriving for her within the week. I am so proud of us, mainly because these had a huge discount on them (about $80) and one of the best. Discounted because it's an older model, but still amazing and just as good as the newer one (which apparently has a bladder pack, but I rather carry around my Nalgene than having to take off my pack to refill.

So yes, I'm going to take Jerry with me to New England. It'll be a lot easier traveling with him than a rolling suitcase, especially since I'm going from plane to car to train to car. I think I'm also going to borrow Mom's old Army duffle and travel with that too. Depends on how the test run goes tonight.

Mom and Dad decided not to travel with me to New England, which I totally understand. Had to reassure Mom that I really am okay going by myself. I'm viewing it as a test of character. I can do this and when it comes down to it I rather do it alone. Lord am I excited. So excited that I need to keep reminding myself of all the stuff I need to get done before I leave.

My class is done for Maymester-- all I've got now is the final on Wednesday. Off to Junkman's, Goodwill, and TJMaxx with Lauren.

I love being a girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics