Sunday, June 12, 2005

market day

bought three paintings at the sunday market here for € 150. i am floored. two are for me and one is a wedding present to my sister (in addition to the wine i'm going to get her). i mailed off the vatican postcards to people that wanted them and i've bought some stuff here and there. most of my purchases are spur of the moment and without any real thought. i see it and i just know that so-and-so will love it. there are some specific gifts that i want to get people, but for the most part it's grab and go.

stephanie and i went to cannes, france this weekend (not egypt, would have been too far) and it was awful. awful awful awful. i don't think i'll let a man touch me for at least a week. within the five hours that we were in the country we were sexually accosted six times. SIX. what the hell. and i swear to God if my ass is grabbed/caressed/spanked one more time i'm going to rip someone's nuts off and shove them down their throat. anyone that knows me knows that i hate being touched by strangers. handshakes and the like are fine, but don't fucking touch me like you know me.

*cough* i'm not bitter. france was my own damn fault because we really didn't account for the amount of time it would take to get there and arriving at the time we did was bad. we should have turned back when we had the chance. it was so nice to come back to montepulciano where i can see actual signs of love between two people instead of lust and the ever-prevalent leer. *shudders* i nearly stabbed one bastard with my pen. i scrubbed my ass cheek raw when i got home and took the best shower of my life.

oh! also walked around for over 24 hours with blood in my hair because while on the bus to the train station i hit my head and cut it open. talk about intersting. not a lot of blood and the cut isn't that big, but wow.

i'd like this time to also point out how i love all the emails i'm getting from people back at home. oh, and i'm saying that with immense sarcasm. i'm finding out that shit's been going down with a lot of people and i'm being left completely out of the loop. i'm not usually like this (or i like to think i'm not), but it's nice to know that when i come home i have some idea of what's been going on in people's lives. it's easy to get sidetracked here and i'm constantly busy (believe it or not), so talking to people back home is hard but i still want to make an effort.

uugh. i have got to stop being bitchy. this weekend was pretty much ruined for me (though i did have an awesome time with stephanie there), but just thinking about it gets me mad. it takes a lot to get me mad but i swear to God i was about to kick someone's ass this weekend. fuckers. we're making t-shirts that say either "vaffaculo france. tu e merda" or "italy rocks, france e merda" or "burn in hell france," with a frenchmen burning in flames. any guy that looks at me i want to punch.

next weekend will be supremely better: venice and possibly switzerland again. i have my presentation on wed and i need to call mom and dad that day too (mom's birthday and their anniversary).

just checked my bank account. the situation is starting to get semi-dire. it's at a level i don't like, but it's not like i can change it. two more weeks left...i think i can survive on what i've got now. that would be amazing if i was able to pull it off.

i've found that since i've been here that i...

-cuss more
-am more open
-will talk about ANYTHING, no matter how disgusting or private
-am more honest and realize that if i hurt people's feelings with it then they should grow a backbone and deal
-appreciate life back home more (specifically: dryers, salads, water pressure, chick-fil-a chicken biscuits, and ice).
-write more in my journal, my most prized possesion
-am having serious issues with religion
-can only fall asleep listening to music
-am having more knee pain, which leads me to think that i need to get another MRI when i get home
-don't really like wine, though i would have to choose white over red
-will always cook my pasta al dente from now on

lots of other stuff has been going on, but nothing too big. i'll update again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics