Sunday, March 07, 2010

PostSecret and Postcards

I'm trying to remember when I was first introduced to PostSecret and I can't remember. 2005? 2006? Either way Lauren told me about it and I've been a faithful follower for years. Every Sunday I've gone to the site and have felt a variety of emotions overcome me as I read the words on those postcards.

And speaking of postcards, I can find no better joy than receiving one in the mail. Whether it's cheesy, heartfelt, or beautiful, a postcard let's me know where someone was and, through their words, where they may be going. Though I don't collect blank postcards, I do hold on to the one's I've received.

5 Things That have happened since August 2009.

1. Still waiting to hear about a job, but it doesn't look good. I'll probably be at the school for another year and then go to Denver for grad school. It's a more logical plan, but not my favorite by any means.
2. Lauren and Ben's wedding was fantastic. I could not imagine a more perfect day.
3. I've become an advocate of organic food, and knowing what you eat and where food comes from.
4. I just finished reading the screenplay for Away We Go and I highly recommend it. I miss laughing out loud to books (and reading in general) and this was a quick way to remind me how much I missed reading.
5. I'm finishing up an early Spring Break and did absolutely nothing but go to the gym, make cheese, read, and go to a play. It is wonderful and I'll be sorry to see it end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics