Monday, November 05, 2007

Both Sides Now

Life as a House is a beautiful movie. I should have bought it a long time ago.

School is fantastic and my kids seem receptive to learning about Iran and all the complications that arise from the general issue. One of my students, who is average in grades and participation, said that he liked learning about current events and wondered why more schools don't do it. I told him there's no such thing as a "current events" class and he replied, "There should be."

I love my kids. I love my job. I'm tired of saying it, but not tired of doing it.

Besides loving my job I'm still waiting to love this city. I got to see some old friends this past weekend, which was a joy, but I can't rely on a three hour drive every weekend. Meeting people is...well, let's just say my current situation is eerily similar to that of Germany. Except here I can drive, speak the language, and cook in a clean kitchen.

I miss Germany. I miss Italy. I'm beyond jealous of all the people I know that are abroad. But I keep reminding myself that I'll be back there one day. Not for a while, but I'll go back eventually. In the meantime I immerse myself in my work and hope that it all works out in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics