Sunday, October 14, 2007

Gene and Cal

Officially the owner of a 2003 pepperwhite MINI that is practically perfect in every way. Now I have to pick a name, which is proving more difficult than I foresaw. When I drive around in her/him I'll get a good feel for a name. I would pick Evelin, but I actually want to name a child that, not a car. How unfortunate for my little girl Evelin to think that she was named after my car? No matter how many times I would tell her that, no, she was named after an amazing woman who changed my life, she would still equate her name with the car. I can't do that to my unborn child.

The ad was put out by a family name named Gene who owns a 1970 red El Camino and a white Hummer. Says he has no more need for the MINI and with the aforementioned cars (plus more) I can understand that. My good judge of character kicked in right away and I knew Gene wasn't going to shaft me on this one. Hell, he trusted me enough to drive the car about 20 minutes away to Cal, a mechanic who does business out of his home. That's saying a lot, I think. Cal was great about the car and gave his full approval. I like Cal-- he's the only man I know that owns and operates a car lift in his backyard.

Job? Check.
Home? Check.
Health insurance? Check.
Friends? Check.
Car? Check.
Furniture?....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics