Sunday, August 23, 2009

Life As I Know It

In an attempt to clean up my laptop I was perusing through my bookmarks and found the one for my blog. It's interesting to read these old words from over a year ago and the way it's forced me to reflect upon what's happened since I last wrote in this.

So, here we go. 10 things that have happened since Thanksgiving 2007 (in no particular order):

1. I did get my Mini Cooper. His name is Jude.
2. I'm still at the same school, but most likely this will be my last year as I want to go explore new places. Like Denver.
3. I play kickball as part of a league team and have been since Spring 2007. My teammates are my friends and I love them.
4. I moved away from the city I didn't like to the one 30 minutes away which I love. I don't have to drive my car when I am here-- the mall, movie theater, bars, nightlife, indie movie theater, great restaurants, and two grocery stores are in walking distance. According to walkscore.org my neighborhood gets a 92 out of 100. Heck yeah!
5. Also within walking distance is my boyfriend, who I met playing kickball. We met March 2007 and it's been grand ever since.
6. I did go to that hard-to-visit country and it was amazing. One of the best decisions I ever made and it's made me a better person.
7. This past summer I didn't work at Connecticut Camp, a first in three years. I missed it but am so glad I had time to myself for once.
8. My love (read: obsession) for food has reached new heights and I'm always in the kitchen.
9. To go with #8: I made cheese four days ago. It's delicious.
10. I went to the Inauguration and it was amazing. That week I also found out that Lauren and Ben are engaged, which was even better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics