Saturday, June 24, 2006

Solo Journey, Goodbye Jerry

After some consideration I've decided that Jerry will not be joining me on the trip to New England. I've been trying too hard with him, packing too much and still leaving stuff behind, etc. There's a lot of reasons why I should take him and want to take him, but in reality it's not pragmatic in the sense that it's seven weeks, not a month in Europe.

The pros outweigh the cons and I'm disappointed in myself for getting my hopes up about traveling with my pack for the first time. I'm not giving up on him though and I'm definitely taking him to Europe. Divide what I'm taking to New England by eighteen and that's what I'll be taking with me next summer. And no laptop, no numerous books, or other nicknack stuff I need for the class will be with me this time next year.

I'm annoyed that, once again, my Mom was right. I thought I could do it but I'm taking to much and the sad part is I'm not even taking that much. Probably about 2.5 weeks worth of clothes (for seven weeks), plus two pairs of shoes, some books, my laptop, camera, video camera, music players...haha.

Yeah, Jerry isn't right for this trip, as much as I want him to be. Damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics