Sunday, June 11, 2006

Fun Filled Weekend

If you want a cultural experience in Athens I'd strongly suggest J&J's Flea Market off 441. There Erin, Lauren, and I were witness to a wide variety of people of all backgrounds. Words can not express how interesting and educational that 30 minute trip was. We left after such a short time because 1. it was so bloody hot, 2. we were extremely out of our element and 3. we had already found Stephanie's birthday present-- a knife disguised as a mummy tomb. It was awesome.

After that we took the longest detour to the outlet mall to get stuff for L's field school, where she will be sleeping in a tent for 2 months, digging away at the dirt and doing other archeologist-like things. I am extremely jealous of her.

Last night was cookout night and it actually felt like summer to me, mainly because of the watermelon. L put a whole in the bottom and poured in some vodka to make Watermelon-infused-vodka. Absolutely amazing. That along with the smoker-turned-grill we were up until 1am eating grilled corn, grilled portebellos, and lots of hamburgers.

I'd also like this time to point out how addicted I am to the World Cup. Between all of these weekend events I've had my ass glued to the couch to watch all the matches (the only one I've missed so far was Argentina vs. Ivory Coast). I still don't know who I'm rooting for, but it's almost always the underdog. England is high on the list, but Germany is close behind. USA is ranked 5th in the world and they play tomorrow morning against Czech Republic and I'm a bit torn between the two.

I could go on about the World Cup. The more I watch it the more upset I get at the fact that "soccer" is not a highly viewed or appreciated sport in the U.S. The entire world is addicted with this sport and we have a pretty kick-ass team, but no one takes notice! I mean, come on! The players alone should be keeping ratings and demand pretty high. I'd like to know of one baseball or football player that can match up to good looks or chisled body like that of a soccer player. None, I tell you. None. Because of this I am a firm believer that matches should be played shirts vs. skins.


Looked up pictures of Connecticut Camp today and I'm started to get really excited. Tomorrow is more library/copying time and getting all the stuff I need together. I keep having dreams about it (both good and bad).

7 weeks. A lot can happen in 7 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics