Monday, June 26, 2006

Another Adventure, Another Life

I've had different lifes that have accumulated into one big one-- the Karen that writes before you is the product of each life merging together and creating a unique person that has her own thoughts, experiences, hopes, and fears.

In high school I led a life that is completely foreign to me. I don't know who that person was, but I do know what she became and how she got there.

Every year of college I feel like I've led a different life, where most of the characters stayed the same, though they might have changed in importance to me. Friendships altered and boys came and went.

When I was in Italy I led a whole new life that was both exciting and wonderful. I can't possibly begin to describe how I've changed because of that experience or the life I followed in those 5 weeks, but it changed me for good and it changed me for the better.

When I'm at home I'm much different than I am with my friends at school. I'm more open with my family, in every sense of the world. I get mad here, I can cry here, I watch old classic movies here that no one else but my parents would watch with me. I'm also more humourous here, because I know that's a trait my parents love about me. So I guess you could say I up the funny while I'm home more than I would at school.

At school I'm different also. I can be really quite at times and then extremely goofy. I can make jokes and sexual innuendos until the company can't stand it. I love how I am at school the most, because it's safe and I know my limits and I know I can always break them down (though I prefer not to).

I don't know what kind of life I'll lead in New England. Will I be the same as I am at school, or will it be like home? Not likely. Will it be Italy all over again and I'm constantly wide-eyed at marveling at the world? I doubt it.

I want New England to be a fresh and new start. Connecticut Camp will really help me decide on whether teaching is something I want to be doing in my life, though I know in my heart no matter how trying the experience may be I'll still want to do it again.

So here's to hoping that this next part of my life merges nicely with the rest. That I grow to become a better person and that this whole teaching bit won't kill me. But more importantly here's hoping that I'll make new friends and have more adventures than I know what to do with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics