Monday, May 02, 2005

if that's the way it is, then that's the way it is

where the hell did the year go? at times it seems like it's gone by way too fast, but then i think about stuff that happened over the course of this year and it makes me feel old. going to the ga/fl game with jamie and kristen feels like years ago, whereas going to the jump concert at morton feels like a couple of weeks ago.

and speaking of jump, i'm very happy to say that i got another show in before the year ended. granted, people said it wasn't great as the athens one and they didn't play some songs i wanted, but it was still good nonetheless. i'm pretty much sold on the fact ward is my favorite (the cello!), followed my johnny (the mustache!) and jay (the dreamy voice!). matt is amazing because you can't help but watch him and evan looks like he's sweating buckets in the back he's playing so hard.

miscellaneous information about the weekend:
picked out a dress for the wedding (same as the other bridesmaids, indigo/royal blue color).
hung out with kids from tech
watched some movies
bought some stuff for italy

oh God. italy is in 17 days. it turns out that my parents can't take me to the airport so i'm taking groom up from macon. i don't know whether to be happy or sad about that. on one hand i won't have to hear "now be careful. do this, don't do that. be safe. did you remember this? wait, let's go back and check just to be sure" while on the other they won't see me off--no one will. i imagined my mom and i crying at check-in and then me turning around to wave at them as i get in the hour-long security check. i won't have anyone to wave to and it makes me very sad. i'm going to be on my own for this one and it scares the shit out of me. i couldn't be more excited, but as of right now, right this very minute i'm scared to death and i don't want to get on that plane.

but i'm going to, no matter what. i'll get over this fear (or i won't) and i'll get on the plane and start an exciting new chapter in my life. i'm going to make the most out of this trip and i won't have time to be scared or worried or anxious.

*sigh* i wish i had someone to wave at though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics