Thursday, April 07, 2005

getting a MRI (among other things)

so on monday during seat racing my knee was bothering me and i didn't think anything of it. on tuesday it still felt crappy, but it was going away and wasn't worth mentioning. yesterday, however, it decided to buckle underneath me and give me lots of trouble. couldn't straighten it or bend it all the way. long story short: went to the health center, doctor *thinks* i may have torn some cartiledge, and i got a MRI done to see for sure. i'll hoping to find out tomorrow what exactly the deal is. i'm praying it's not torn-- hopefully it's just fluid buildup or something along those lines that's causing the tightness. i thought the MRI would be scary (just the thought of it scares me), but it turned out okay. hell, i even feel asleep during it (took about 25 min). thank God for earplugs.

anyhow, i have crutches, which i really don't like. they're fun and all when they aren't yours, but they're a real bitch. i'd like to take this moment to say thank you to all my friends-- i wouldn't have gotten through the day if it hadn't been for you guys (especially erin!). so thank you all for your help, it means a lot to me.

in other news i finally talked to agon. i miss that boy so much it's insane. we spent a good 10 minutes saying how we should have called eachother/been so busy/we're going to call eachother a lot more. i'm even more excited to go home now.

do you ever hear a song and associate it with a movie? like 'we are the champions' by queen goes along with D2: the mighty ducks and 'mr. sandman' goes with back to the future. for me i associate songs either with movies or situations i was in when i first heard the song. 'aqueous transmission' by incubus will always remind me of sitting in a car in the rain with rachel and bryan and 'blister in the sun' (violent femmes) will take me back to freshman year spring break in boston at the g suite party where i saw kate jumping around--after smoking a ton of pot--screaming "i'm high as a kite..."

athlete and damien rice will always remind me of certain things, just as the killers, 311, and the beach boys. i could name a hundred songs that go along with my life's occurances, but i feel that may get too boring. i only hope i'm not the only one who thinks about things like this and i hope it never stops. i want a hundred more songs to go along with my memories-- both the good and the bad, i'll take them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics