Wednesday, September 28, 2005

sufjan and bloc party

well, don't i feel indie.

sufjan was amazing, just like i knew he would be. no one can make music like that and not be great live. between the outfits, the cheers, and the overall interaction between the audiance and the now love of my life i have to give that show an A. the only thing that is stopping the '+' from showing up is the fact that there was this annoying ass right next to us that kept making comments about every little thing. at the start of the show he asked me what was up with the costumes and looked confused when i told him they were cheerleaders saying "is it supposed to be ironic or is he sincere?"

i promptly moved three feet to the right and tuned him out for the rest of the show.

bloc party was phenomenal. i can't even begin to describe how excited i was for the show and once they started playing (after the opening band that refused to die) it reached scary proportions. and anyone that has seen me excited about something knows that i go overboard-- this was no exception. as usual stephanie and erin made fun of my dancing (or as they like to call it, my seizures) and rob learned it's not the wisest idea to stand behind me (i hit him in the chin with my arm). i was in a mosh pit for a total of 1.5 minutes and thinking back on it i'm happy with my decision to not go back in. A+

total cost:
sufjan poster with the illinoisemakers (free. stolen two weeks before concert)
sufjan stevens tickets ($11)
come on feel the illinois tshirt ($15)

bloc party tickets ($27. damn you ticketmaster)
block party tshirt ($20)
guitar pick (free)


totally worth having only $17 left in my bank account.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics