Thursday, September 22, 2005

6 months ago, a year ago...

earlier today i looked back on what my life looked like 6 months ago, then 9 months, then a year, and then two years. i looked back at past entries from my lj and just general memories, pictures, whathaveyou and i was shocked to see how much had (and in some cases hadn't) changed.

6 months ago (to the day) i was on crew and had just gotten back from spring break training and all was right with the world, in more ways than one. i had just gone through one of the most trying times in my life and came out on the other side. granted my hands were raw with blisters and i had cried on one of the boats in the middle of a practice, but the overall experience made me stronger and pushed me to a point i didn't even think possible. i miss that motivation. i miss someone yelling and telling me i can do better, that i'm stronger than i think and that it's all in my head.

9 months ago was winter break and christmas was being celebrated at home for the first time in years. cheryl says it'll probably happen again, but this time with eric as the new addition to the family. i seriously hope this boy realizes what christmas is like at my house-- he's in for a surprise, that's for sure.

a year ago my latop was acting up and had to be sent to best buy twice, so for the first month of school i was without a computer and i was keeping up with all my work/reading. it's amazing what you can accomplish when you don't have internet access at your fingertips. currently: the damn thing has started acting up again and i'm behind in a ton of my work.

two years ago i was two months into fall semester of my freshmen year and thanking God everyday that i decided to do freshmen college summer experience. i thought i would be scared of school and moving away but it turned out it was all for not. i rarely visited home (which i still feel guilty about) and realized that i adapt extremely well no matter where i am put. a lot has changed since freshmen year and i like to think i'm a better person because of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics