Sunday, March 19, 2006

touch the sky

dear chicago,

you are very cold and windy. regardless of these faults i love you immensly.

love,
karen


i have never spent so much money on food in all my life. beyond worth it. if anyone ever goes to chicago these are places you must go to:
pizzeria uno's
joe's steak and seafood
vivere
chop house

other than eating the trip involved mainly shopping (i would kill for an H+M in georgia) and sightseeing. i have so many great stories and laugh-out-loud moments in my head it's crazy. spring break 2006 was a success.

chicago has:
-made me realize my fear of revolving doors
-accepted my fake id
-crazy cab drivers. lauren was unfortunate enough to be sitting in the front for the most terrifying ride. at one point she turned around and made the sign of the cross. and poor erin...sara and i kept grabbing onto her in fear.
-an awesome transit system. we would have been lost without the cta.
-given me an excuse to take 150+ pictures (a low number, if you ask me).
-way too many starbucks.
-provided sara and erin a break from their sweets-free lent. at one point we were running to ghirardelli. the anticipation was just too much to bear. or was it the cold?
-made me laugh harder than i thought possible.


i love sara, erin, and lauren. this trip would not have been the same without you guys.

some popular quotes from the trip:
"you liiiikey?"
"can i say that on tv? word."
"my crotch is cold."
"chicaago....chicaago..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics