Sunday, February 19, 2006

i think townie just asked me to dinner

the place: the front porch

the time: 11:30pm, sunday night

the circumstance: he got locked out of his place and needed to borrow a kitchen knife to break in, something he's "done often enough that's it's not a problem."

the conversation:
townie: hey, guess what i bought for $25?
me: no idea. what?
townie: a 100-piece china set. it's awesome, man. now all i need is a table and some sushi.
me: (makes face at the word "sushi")
townie: you don't like sushi?
me: never had it. i don't think i'd like it very much. (big mistake)
townie: what? no! i'll take you out and we'll get some. i'll even pay. if you don't like it then we'll get you something else...like teriyaki chicken.
me: uhh...i don't know when that would be possible, i'm pretty booked with school...
townie: oh, don't worry. i need to get the money first, so it'll be a while. but when i have enough i'll take you to get some.



someone please save me.

2 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Karen said...

no, it's not cute. and yes, i've never had sushi.

i just don't want sushi with *him*. i feel as if you missed my earlier posts bemoaning the fact that there is a pot smoking slacker living behind the house. who is, as of friday, jobless and barred from hot corner for 5 years.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I don't care if he's a townie, it's free sushi! Take advantage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics